Eixample Tour : 19th c Architecture, Designer Rooftops & Shopping
* Gaudí architecture
* Fashion and interior design
* Plenty of shopping opportunities
Barcelona’s elegant, 19th Century Eixample neighbourhood is a showcase of modernista architecture, highbrow boutiques and sophisticated hotels. We will show you the secret spots of the bourgeoisie taking you to where they live, work and play.
Our first stop will give you a bird’s eye view of the Eixample from a designer hotel. Here you will see the spires of the Sagrada Familia and other art nouveau fantasies.
Next up we visit the city’s oldest and most celebrated design store, a pivotal player in the creation of Barcelona as ‘Design City’. Here you will learn about the origins of Barcelona’s sensibility towards good design and aesthetic richness.
After this we change pace with a visit to some unique artisan outlets – porcelain carpets and shoes ‘Made in Spain’.
Our tour continues down the Passeig de Gràcia, Barcelona’s swankiest avenue. On the way we will pop into contemporary art galleries, a 200 year-old jewellery makers and luxe leather boutique.
Our tour finishes close to Plaça Catalunya, the starting point of Las Ramblas and from where you can catch a metro back to your hotel or any place in the city.
Need to Know
- Meeting point: Hotel Omm, C/Roselló 265
- Minimum two, maximum six pp (Unless otherwise arranged).
- Starting time: 10.30am (Unless otherwise arranged).
- Cost 65 euros pp (beverage included).
- Duration 2.5- 3 hours including one break
- Distance covered 1.5 – 2 kms