BARCELONA DESIGN TOURS – DISCOVERING CREATIVITY IN THE CATALAN CAPITAL ON FOOT
* Independent shops and galleries
* Eclectic café culture
* Stunning civic spaces
Barcelona’s left-of-centre downtown is an intense mix of gothic architecture, trendy start-ups and cutting edge arts. Street art has found its spiritual home in the Raval, along with a myriad of players who feed off its sheer energy. We guide you through the Raval’s narrow streets and wide plazas on a magical mystery tour.
First stop is the MACBA and CCCB, both bastions of Barcelona’s contemporary art scene. Here we learn about the transformation of the upper-Raval from working class barrio to arts district.
From here we continue to the only gallery in Barcelona dedicated 100% to design, some quirky homeware and gourmet food stores to the hippest coffee spot in the city.
Continuing down the vibrant Rambla del Raval, we detour to the city’s impressive new film theatre, the magnificent medieval shipyards and a secret modernista masterpiece that will take your breath away.
Out tour finishes at the Drassanes metro stop, at the port-end of Las Ramblas.
Need to Know
- Meeting point: MACBA; Plaça dels Àngels, 1
- Minimum two, maximum six pp (Unless otherwise arranged).
- Starting time: 10.30am (Unless otherwise arranged).
- Cost 65 euros pp (beverage included).
- Duration 2.5- 3 hours including one break
- Distance covered 1.5 – 2 kms